Common Core State Standards
Falls Lake Academy is a public charter school. We follow the same standards as the district public schools in North Carolina. The current standards adopted by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction are the Common Core State Standards in the areas of Math and English/Language Arts for grades Kindergarten- 12th Grade. North Carolina has adopted essential standards for the areas of English as a Second Language, Science, Social Studies, World Languages, Arts Education and Healthful Living.
Project Based Learning
Falls Lake Academy is a project based learning school.
Falls Lake Academy students are assessed according to NCDPI Accountability Standards. These assessments include:
- EOG Reading - Grades 3-8
- EOG Math - Grades 3-8
- EOG Science - Grades 5 and 8
- NCFE Science - Grades 6 and 7
- NCFE Social Studies - Grades 6-8
- EOC - Math I, Biology, and English II
- NCFE - English I, English II, English IV, Earth & Environmental Science, Physical Science, Chemistry, Physics, World History, Civics, American History I, American History II, Math II, Math III, Pre-calculus, and Advanced Functioning and Modeling
Partnering with Our Community
The students at Falls Lake Academy work closely with the surrounding community. We use field trips as an extension of learning from the classroom.
Falls Lake Academy did have 100% of our 3rd grade students meet Read to Achieve Standards through state approved assessments. Privacy laws dictate that for fewer than 10 students, the specific number and percentage should not be given. FLA did not have any students for rows 5 and 6, and we had less than 10 students for rows 2 and 3. We are very proud of how hard our 3rd grade students and teachers worked last year.
Falls Lake Academy Read To Achieve - Grade 3 2016-2017 End of Year Results
NC Report Card